A2Z Handyman & Contracting Services ("A2Z") provide our valued residential and commercial customers insured and experienced handyman, home-improvement, and contracting services across the WNY area. A2Z values quality workmanship in every job big or small, inside or outside, our commitment to our clients is to treat each house like it’s our own.
Every homeowner has a list of home repair, maintenance and improvement projects that need to get done, but with today’s busy lifestyles, who has the time or patience to do it all yourself? Let A2Z Handyman Services help your home run smoothly with a wide range of repair, improvement and remodeling services.
Sell Your Home Prep-Package
“Looking to sell your home? The professionals at A2Z Handyman Services have combined their expertise and created this sell your home prep-package as you prepare your home to sell!”
Our detailed package includes:
- Exterior Home Preparation
- Interior Home Preparation
- Garage Preparation
- Staging Tips Before the Showing
- After the Open House
- Minor electrical & plumbing updates
- Minor electrical & plumbing repairs
- Various furniture equipment assembly
- Stove & Oven
- Washing machine & Dryer
Lighting & Ceiling Fans
- Interior & Exterior Installation
- Repair & Installation
- Minor leaks
- Faucet installation
- Shower head installation
- Sink drainage installation
- Unclogging drains
- Updating sink drainage
- Toilet repair & installation
- Professional remodeling
- Flooring & tiling installation
- Sinks & vanities
- Toilets & more
- Precise interior & exterior
- Individual rooms
- Entire homes
Yard & Lawn Services
- Yard clean up
- Mulch & stone
- Stone gardens
- Planting & landscaping
- Remodeling services
- Renovation or upgrading flooring
- Cabinet hardware
- Tiles & paint
Windows & Doors
- Window & door Installation
- Screen doors
- Sliding glass doors
- Gutter cleaning
- Power washing
- Porch & deck staining
- Porch & deck banisters & railing
- Porch & deck flooring
- Minor electrical services
- Light switches
- Light fixtures
- Ceiling fans
- Restoration services
- Desk & Furniture Assembly
Why work with A2Z HanDyman & Contracting Services?
- Over 10 years of home improvement and property management experience. A2Z combines quality workmanship and affordable prices to provide you with superior service.
- A2Z has the experience and resources to make projects run smoothy and ensure each job is completed professionally and efficiently.
- Working with A2Z ensures ongoing communication with a carefully planned series of steps centered around a timely schedule.
- You can have piece of mind knowing A2Z is fully insured and experienced.
- A2Z ensures that quality home improvement services are provided at honest and ethical prices.
- A2Z has flexible payment options that include cash, check, credit, crypto, and p2p payment options to suit your unique lifestyle.
What makes A2Z Handyman Services Unique?
A2Z Craftsman are empowered and given much more flexibility than others in our industry. For example, they are in charge of their own job sites, and given the freedom to interact directly with Homeowners and Property Managers to suggest work that will improve safety, preserve their largest investment, and truly help them to love their homes and commercial buildings.
The leadership team at A2Z assist with the day-to-day operations and administrative side of the business allowing A2Z Handymen to focus on the tasks at-hand and provide customers with professional quality services. A2Z adheres to high ethical standards and treat staff like Family. The safety and well-being of TEAM members is a top priority. Many A2Z Craftsmen are former business owners themselves and after working for themselves for a short time, they have no desire to be out on their own or operating their small businesses any longer
“Life is too busy and your home is too valuable to keep up with it on your own.”
- We listen & solve your problem
- We deliver “On My Way” Text notifications
- Our promise is to be respectful of you and your home as if it were our own
- We make it quick, easy and convenient for scheduling to save time
“Our Multi-skilled craftsmen can complete over 1,100 projects, saving you time!”
The A2Z Difference
We pride ourselves on our extraordinary craftsmen. They are the backbone of our company. We recognize the value in hiring Multi-Skilled Craftsmen who are experienced, reliable, efficient, and provide superior service at reasonable rates. They are background-checked, and insured for your peace of mind and safety.
Our Craftsmen must uphold a strong work ethic and demonstrate they will always work with and for you by being:
- Good Listeners
A2Z is committed to exceeding your expectations.
“Like it’s our home” Promise
Our pledge to you is simple. We will treat your home, “like it’s our home.”
Our Craftsmen will respect your home by always
- Respecting your family’s privacy, personal space, and safety.
- Wearing booties and/or removing their shoes.
- Not smoking while on your premises
- Using protective materials to protect floors and walls from damage.
- Cleaning up after our job and leaving your home better than when we arrived.
- Providing a written change order for your approval for any hidden damage or problems not visible when we gave you the anticipated costs – no surprises!
- Our Craftsmen will never do or suggest “unnecessary” work.
- Our Craftsmen and offices will OVER-communicate with you before, during, and after any projects so you can plan your life because we show up as promised.
- You will never be asked for an advance deposit for small- to medium-sized jobs that do not contain specialty-ordered items.
Sell Your Home Package - Prepare Your Home For Sale
Looking to sell your home? The professionals at A2Z Handyman Services have combined their expertise and created this sell your home checklist of helpful things to do in order to prepare your home to sell. There are some open house showing tips at the bottom as well.
Exterior Home Preparation
The condition of your home's exterior is most important when it comes to buyer appeal.
- Touch up trim paint on doors, window frames, fascia, etc.
- If your lawn shows no signs of life, a little fertilizer and some water will do wonders for its color. Mow and edge the lawn frequently until the home is sold.
- Overgrown shrubbery should be cut back to show as much of the exterior as possible.
- A low-cost investment in seasonal flowers or ground cover will add a personal touch.
- Replace missing shutters, gutters, downspouts and remove any debris.
- Inspect the roof for necessary repairs and any visible broken shingles or tiles.
- Cracks in the driveway and sidewalks can be easily repaired with ready-mix cement. For excessive stains, there are easy-to-use cleaning agents at your home repair store.
- Stucco water stains can be repaired using a mild bleaching agent.
- Fences should be mended and painted.
- If the street sweeper does not come every week, make sure the area in front of your curb and driveway are clear of debris. Wash it down with the hose.
- Wash all windows inside and outside.
- All of these suggestions may also apply to your back yard or child's play area.
Interior Home Preparation
- Clean your home from top to bottom.
- Put all valuables in a safe place.
- Repair any cracks or holes in walls and touch-up paint.
- Doors should be cleaned and touched-up as well. All torn screens should be repaired or replaced.
- Avoid repainting the entire house unless current colors are very loud or offbeat. White or light pastels are the easiest for new homeowners to work with and they make your rooms look larger.
- Clean carpeting and draperies. Carpeting should be vacuumed throughout the house the day your home is being shown.
- If you have a fireplace, make sure all tile is in good condition, the screen is in good shape, and the hearth is clean.
- Lubricate squeaking doors, windows, and cabinets.
- Put deodorizers in each room and closet.
- Store out-of-season clothes so closets do not look cluttered.
- Pre-pack items, which may clutter your home and make rooms appear smaller.
- A few colorful plants will help liven and add color to the interior.
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house. An open appearance with sunlight and green plants here and there will make the room a focal point.
- Keep the counters clean and clear of appliances.
- All appliances should be clean and neatly organized.
- Never leave dirty dishes in the sink.
- Clean and wax the kitchen floor. If the floor looks old and dull, consider replacing the flooring.
- Clean fans and vent hoods.
- All bathroom appliances should be thoroughly cleaned.
- Remove stains from sinks, toilets, and bathtubs.
- Replace old caulking around bathtub and sinks.
- Repair or replace leaky faucets.
- Unclog and sanitize drains to remove odors.
- Clean all mirrors.
- Keep all toilet seat lids closed.
- Fresh towels should be in the bathrooms at all times.
- Have a garage sale to dispose of any unwanted items.
- Family heirlooms, which you will take with you, should be boxed and stored in the garage until you move.
- Degreasers are available at your local home repair store to remove stains from the garage floor.
- Remove any cobwebs.
- If the basement or attic is a functioning part of the house, make sure the area is clean and in good repair.
Showing Your Home
Home Staging Tips (Before The Showing)
- Dust and vacuum the whole house thoroughly.
- Lightly clean and straighten up living areas.
- Open all drapes and blinds to let in as much light as possible. Turn on lamps and other lights as necessary to brighten each room.
- If you're planning to move around the same time you're selling your home, try to arrange showings while the furniture is still in the house.
- Any household or children's items should be stored away. This includes toys, bikes, skateboards, etc.
- Turn television sets off. Turn on a radio with soft music at low volume.
- While your home is being held open, arrange to spend the time away from the house, especially if you have small children. If this is not possible, go for a walk, visit a neighbor, or keep children quiet when your home is being shown to prospects.
- Keep pets away from potential buyers and keep pet areas clean.
- Your agent may request to serve refreshments. If not, feel free to suggest this.
- Try baking chocolate chip cookies or brownies just before the open house. A pleasant aroma means home to many people.
During (And After) The Open House
- Once the open house begins, let your agent do the job. Do not try to assist unless asked by the agent showing your home.
- If you're trying to sell any household items, do not bring this up, unless you are asked.
- Remember to keep your valuables in a safe place.
- Should a buyer stop by when you're not having an open house, refer all inquiries to your agent.
- Feel free to answer questions the buyer might have, but again, refer as much as possible to your agent, as he/she will be able to answer in the most positive manner.
- Save visiting agents' business cards for your agent.
- Write down the date on the back of the visiting agent's business card and indicate if the agent had buyers with them.
- Notify your agent if you'll be out of town and how to contact you.